Developed by Intel, LG Electronics, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, Silicon Image, Sony, and Toshiba, WirelessHD technology delivers pristine lossless HD audio, video and data with the convenience of wireless connectivity. Now your customers can have the best of both worlds – the convenience of mounting their flat panel HDTVs on the wall without the hassle of running audio or video cables, all while experiencing wired-equivalent image and audio quality and low latency. You’ll be able to deliver these features in a low cost architecture that eliminates the need to add expensive encoders into your home theater, PC or mobile devices. And while the first generation products are focused around HDTVs, WirelessHD technology will soon be embedded in other CE components, PCs and portable devices.
WirelessHD offers the following benefits to manufacturers and their customers:
- Based on 60 GHz millimeter wave technology that is 20x faster than today’s wireless LAN technologies.
- Delivers a unified, industry-supported standard for the next generation wireless technology for CE, PC and portable devices.
- Delivers the best consumer viewing experience with lossless HD video, multi-channel audio, intelligent format and control data, and Hollywood-approved security.
- Allows consumers to eliminate video and audio cables, dramatically simplifying home theater system installation.
- Enables users to create a wireless video area network (WVAN) that can be controlled by the regular remote control that comes with the TV.
Please take advantage of the following resources to learn more about WirelessHD: